Cories and shrimp pellets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

myriam

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have shrimp pellets for my 2 bronze cories, and they sure don't want to eat them. They seem to come by and "sniff" them but then go their merry way. They eat everything else at the bottom, why not these pellets?

The LFS guy told me the cories would love them. Hmph.

Heh fussy lil things aren't they.

I had a similar issue with my angelfish. Went n bought some Omega One; very expensive, but one of the best fishfoods on the market. Fish are supposed to adore it. My guys could have cared less; they prefer the cheaper stuff LOL

My 5 panda cory also prefer the cheap sinking food then the expensive sinking food i brought recently... :)

My fish devour anything.

They even try to eat my finger if I let it dip below the water line. :?

Yea, my cory are the same pretty picky eaters. They actually prefer to forage for the flake fook that falls to the bottom rather then eat shrimp pellets. But hey what they don't eat my featherfin catfish gobbles up in one bite!!!

The fish I have devour almost anything I put in the tank instantly. They especially go nuts over the bloodworms.

My cories have strange eating habits, sometimes the frenzy over sinking wafers and sometimes they could care less but will go bonkers for some nutrafin goldie food.
Also, the seem to like carrot well at least pushing it around.

My panda cories eat everything (so far). I know they even eat hatched BBS since as soon as I inject them into the water, they come to life. If they were eating something on the gravel already, they all abandon what they were eating and move around like maniacs - I'm assuming they are picking up some BBS that sank near the bottom...

What is BBS?

Now what am I going to do with this huge tin of shrimp pellets?! If I smush them a bit do you think the platies and mollies would eat them?

Well at least I know my cories aren't the only picky fish out there! These little goobers swim upside down and pretty much eat anything in the tank. I get them special food and they won't eat it. Oy vay!

BBS= baby brine shrimp.

Adult brine shrimp (like the frozen stuff you can get at the lfs) is a fav for fishies. Prob is, there is little to no nutrition in em (think of them as potato chips for fish LOL). The BABY brine shrimp however, are really nutritious as they still have the eg sac attached, and its full of good stuff.

You can try smooshing em. You might also want to fast your guys for a coupla days, then introduce the shrimp pellets again. They may wind up being hungry enough to give em a go, and realise they like em.

My cories have pretty much always loved the shrimp pellets. I have also added sinking complete tablets from tetras which they love. Alga waffers were not liked at first but after awhile the have started to eat it as well. It just takes time for them to get used to certain kinds of food. Keep trying to feed them the pellets and make sure to do lots of good water changes until they learn to eat them up quickly.

Back
Top Bottom