Cories in 55 gal south american cichlid tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishman007

Aquarium Advice Addict
So i am wanting to stock my 55 gal with a green terror,a bristle nose pleco, a firemouth pair and a convict cichlid pair... ( the convicts will be moved to a 10 gal if breeding) i was wondering if i could get a "herd" of cories meaning 4-5 and if not what other bottom feeding dish that would eat the food that falls to the bottom of the tank.

Thanks.

=( spent time this am giving you best advice I could for you and your potential fish.. and others time invested too. Am I mistaken or didn't you already ask this question? You were given good points on GTs and cories and stocking for SAs, members listed many beautiful fish that would live happily in a 55 as you put it.. if you want to spend money on an inevitable blood bath to end up with one stressed and eventually sick GT we can't stop you.. I get it, they are awesome, save your money and look on craigslist for a 75g

=( spent time this am giving you best advice I could for you and your potential fish.. and others time invested too. Am I mistaken or didn't you already ask this question? You were given good points on GTs and cories and stocking for SAs, members listed many beautiful fish that would live happily in a 55 as you put it.. if you want to spend money on an inevitable blood bath to end up with one stressed and eventually sick GT we can't stop you.. I get it, they are awesome, save your money and look on craigslist for a 75g

Ok i will get a 75g

Ok i will get a 75g

Clarification: I'm referring to a 75g for the GT alone.. you can find great deals on large tanks on cl sometimes. A lot of times with equipment, such as expensive cannisters, are included

Yeah the GT gets 10". he could go in the 50 alone, but that's it. For that stock you have listed, without the cories you'd need 110 gallons at the very minimum but I'd say 125.

Yeah the GT gets 10". he could go in the 50 alone, but that's it. For that stock you have listed, without the cories you'd need 110 gallons at the very minimum but I'd say 125.

It's hard for me to imagine a 10 in. fish in a 50 gallon...

bare minimum for each fish,if planned as their forever tank, imo, is a 75g

Back
Top Bottom