Cory cat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maeve100

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello -

I was wondering - I have a normal 3/4" albino cory cat, and saw this awsome 3" huge cory cat (looked the same as the albino but was dark colored) at the store - would the big one pose a problem for the little one if I kept them in the tank together? I am just stocking my tank - so all thats there right now is the cory.

Thank you in advance!!!

Liz

Maeve100 - welcome to AA! :D (I'm Liz, too :wink:)

I don't think it will be a big problem, but the larger cory cat is probably more typical than the 3/4" one. There are many, many varieties of cory and most of them are more towards the 2-3" size. Cory cats like to school so they always appreciate more members but that's quite a size difference, and a 3" fish is going to add quite a bit of bioload to your 10gal.

In your shoes I would try to find 2 more of the variety you already have - I think they will be more comfortable that way.

maeve100 said:
saw this awsome 3" huge cory cat (looked the same as the albino but was dark colored)- Liz Quote edited by - Frank/Guppyman®
Hi Liz. You were probably looking at B. splendens. No problem keeping it with the albino C. aeneus. - Frank/Guppyman®

I was thinking the same thing as Guppyman.. The emerald! They sure can look pretty big sometimes! :) I"ve never had problems with mixes of cories other than The bigger one getting to the food faster.. :)

Enjoy your cories!

Back
Top Bottom