cory cat died... and came back to life... and died... and almost came back

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vinniethethumb

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Two nights ago when I got home, everyone in the community was swimming along fine acting normal. Later that night one of my cory cats seemed to have lost his mind. He would dart as if he couldn't see anything in front of him. In between dart he would just go limp and sink turning on his side or back or which ever way he would fall. I seen him make one last dart in to the back corner of the tank and just staid belly up on the bottom. I watched for a while but he never moved. I went watch tv for a while and went back to check on him. He was in the same position and not breathing. I watched him for several minutes still nothing. I took the net and scooped him up, examined him closely. No movement no breathing no nothing. So I dropped him and the net into the bucket I keep by the tank while I messed around with a couple of plant in the tank and then proceeded to the bathroom to flush him into the great fish bowl in the sky. When I pick up the net I felt a little wiggle upon further investigation I noticed he was trying to breath. So I went back and dropped him in the tank. he sank to the bottom on his side. He stayed on his side for a good 5 to 7 minutes, gave one little tail nudge to go right side up but didn't do any thing but lay there and breath the rest of the night. So I just went to bed and figured I would just let nature take its corse. Well when I woke up the next morning and flipped on the lights he was swimming right along with the rest of the corys acting normal. I went to work and came home everyone still alive and well... left the room for a while and when I came back he was belly up again and not breathing. This time I just left him alone and kept coming back to check him. One of those times he was breathing again. But this time when I went to bed and got up this morning he seemed to have stopped breathing again, I guess Ill find out if he stayed dead or not when I get home from work today. Any body know whats going on. All other corys are fine all my water parameters are good and don't ever really fluctuate at all. Has anyone ever seen this before?

I've had that happen with my cories before. I joke to my husband that "the cory is coding again" (like cardiac arrest) but it's not actually funny :( It makes me so sad.

I've had that happen with my cories before. I joke to my husband that "the cory is coding again" (like cardiac arrest) but it's not actually funny :( It makes me so sad.

Ok it's not funny but I thought it was a little amusable sorry

Sorry for your loss. Who knows what internal condition the Cory may have had. But here's a thought. Zombie Apocolypse- might be how it started on The Walking Dead. Someone's Cory came back to life. OS.

This morning I had another Cory do something similar. This it was a different species than the first. It wasn't as bad though, he went belly up in the corner for about 5 minutes. He never stopped breathing this time. He did a little wiggle and got back right side up and just stayed there for a while then next thing you know he's back to normal. WHAT'S GOING ON!? Maybe this is how the zombie apocalypse kicks off.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What are y'all's area codes? Need to know approximate time before zombie virus reaches me. Need to start training my tetras to aim for the brain 8P

I had a big box employee warm me of crazy flipping Cory issues when I first started getting into fish, I just decided to leave em be

Back
Top Bottom