Cory cat problem?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BettaGal

Aquarium Advice Addict
One of my Cory cats, Lestat, the little one, has been seen digging a hole under my airstone. This airstone is a color-changing LED lighted one that you're supposed to bury the edges of in the substrate. I have black sand substrate and put large smooth aquarium rocks around on top of the sand it is buried with because all three would unbury it and turn the hidden space where it would sit were it buried into a private bathroom that was near impossible to get to vacuum. Lestat has gone to the edges of the rocks and dug his way to a hole going under the airstone. Why is he doing this? Is he trying to find a place to hide, or did he find some candy?

Cory's like darker little holes/areas to rest in so if there isn't one in the tank most likely he is making one.

Lol. He's the most active, but he's the baby of my three. The other two are significantly larger than him. Would it be a good idea to get him a cave? Or just fill in the hole and let him continue his new game of flitting back and forth across the front of the tank?

Lol. He's the most active, but he's the baby of my three. The other two are significantly larger than him. Would it be a good idea to get him a cave? Or just fill in the hole and let him continue his new game of flitting back and forth across the front of the tank?

I'd just let him do alittle of his own aquascaping. Just leave his work alone and let him have something to do.

I'd just let him do alittle of his own aquascaping. Just leave his work alone and let him have something to do.

Lol. I'll leave it somewhat, but it's under the airstone and that thing will float and then we have a private bathroom no one can see and it just makes a mess. I'll have to keep it from floating up to avoid that. But I'll let him play and have something else to do other than play the cute card.

They have movable mouths so they can make what humans might perceive as expressions.

Back
Top Bottom