Cory Catfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Davies97

Aquarium Advice Freak
On the weekend thinking about get sone cory catfish but what type any ideas?

Corydoras

On the weekend thinking about get sone cory catfish but what type any ideas?

Hello Davies...

I wouldn't put Corys in a tank smaller than 20 gallons, 30 G and larger is better, then you can keep several. They do better if there are three or more together. They don't have to all be the same species. All are peaceful and make a good "community" tank fish.

Some can grow in excess of 3 inches. Stocking them is pretty simple, one Cory for every five gallons of tank volume will work well.

If you're interested in some of the smaller species, then Pandas and Bandits are nice.

B

I have a 11 Gallon so enough for 2 but I been looking on the Internet and i like Bronze Corys or Peppered Corys

I have a 11 Gallon so enough for 2 but I been looking on the Internet and i like Bronze Corys or Peppered Corys

I wouldn't get the bronze or peppered cories. Corydoras are schooling fish that need 6+ fish. I would suggest any of the dwarf corydoras (Corydoras hastatus, Corydoras pygmaeus, or corydoras habrosus) 5 of these would be a great addition to your tank if you want corydoras!

the only cories actively found in stores that i would let anywhere near a ten gallon would be pandas... that being said, i don't reccomend it, and i would go with something like dwarfs instead.

Davies97 said:

Dwarf cories are the only ones for that size tank. I have 6 cory habrosus in my 10 gallon planted.

Back
Top Bottom