Cory Catfish id

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CT327

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys don't mean to bug anyone with a simple question but i could use another pair of eyes. So i bought some Cory cats from pet-smart awhile ago that were labeled as Emerald Green but i'm kind of unsure about that. One of them recently died so i wanted to get another to take its place again as a group of 5. Though the problem is i moved to another town that doesn't have petsmart but the lfs sells green cory cats though they look slightly different. Sorry about the quality of the pictures i only have my phone.

Attachments

• IMG_5124.jpg
    IMG_5124.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_5138.jpg
    IMG_5138.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_5139.jpg
    IMG_5139.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_5142.jpg
    IMG_5142.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 89
Hey guys don't mean to bug anyone with a simple question but i could use another pair of eyes. So i bought some Cory cats from pet-smart awhile ago that were labeled as Emerald Green but i'm kind of unsure about that. One of them recently died so i wanted to get another to take its place again as a group of 5. Though the problem is i moved to another town that doesn't have petsmart but the lfs sells green cory cats though they look slightly different. Sorry about the quality of the pictures i only have my phone.

They look like Corydoras aeneus otherwise known as bronze corys.

Thank you all for your answers, I guess petsmart messed up again... Now my next question is would my coryies be ok living with another breed? I know the lfs has Panda, Green, Albino, and i think peppered cory catfish. Would any of them school, breed, live together happily or should i try and order more of the bronze type to keep mine grouped around 5-6?

All cories can live in harmony. Though they always take preference to their own species.

IMO it looks like an Emerald Cory to me but it could be the pics.

Caleb

Yeah I'm debating on emerald cory or bronze from the pics. And yes I also agree they can live together I n harmony. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Most of my catfish's body is dark with brown fins and small brown patches on their head. The only place that i can see a glitter of green in near their gill region. If that helps anyone.

Most of my catfish's body is dark with brown fins and small brown patches on their head. The only place that i can see a glitter of green in near their gill region. If that helps anyone.

Then I would agree on Bronze.

Caleb

Ugh the app won't let me see the pics, so I don't want to blindly throw a third possibility out there.

Sent from my 5560S using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom