Cory Cats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JaredMiklosovic

Aquarium Advice Regular
Does anybody have any experience with Cory Catfish? I want to get a couple but I want to know some information beforehand.

Okay, I was thinking about getting 3 Kuhli loaches and 3 Cory cats in my 35 gallon. Do you think that'd be okay?

awesome little fish if you mix species they will still shoal together i have albino and false julii cory cats and they are awesome! they will pick up any leftover food on the bottom and your suppose to feed them shrimp pellets twice a week. they do best if kept in groups so the bare minimum you should get is 3. i plan on picking up a couple pandas to add to the shoal

that would be fine they do good together i would suggest 5 kuhli loaches because they are very shy and will come out more when in groups. it also helps to put a little extra food in when the lights are off because kuhlis are nocturnal and sometimes only eat at night. its different with every one though one of mine will come out all day but the other two stay hidden and like eating at night

I love my Cory's i started with one not knowing to get them in shoals, and he was crazy all over the tank, then i added three more and they started to shoal and it was really cool seeing them go around together cleaning up the tank for me. That was when my gravel started being clean! They do a better job then my gravel vac! K want to get a shoal for my 35 gallon live bearer tank to keep that tank clean also

I would definatly recommend panda Corys if you end up get getting any. They are a dwarf corydora so they will not get too large. They are going to be great additions to your tank!:)

If you ever want to switch to sand, Do It! you can watch the little suckers dig/play for hours in it alone, better than what's on TV these days lol

Back
Top Bottom