Cory egg pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CrashCourse

Aquarium Advice Activist
I managed to get a couple of interesting cory egg photos. :)

Attachments

• image-2288322970.jpg
    image-2288322970.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 259
  • image-3092004319.jpg
    image-3092004319.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 254
My betta's loving the box, though. He reminds me of the cat, has to investigate anything new.

Attachments

• image-4288479875.jpg
    image-4288479875.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 261
Neat! Be sure to update- I'm subscribing to see how this goes!

So glad I came across this thread! I bought a huge peppered Cory today that is full of eggs,
I just hope I have a male in the peppered cories I have now so they can be fertilized! Now I know what to look for!

how do you tell if a cory is carrying eggs? i recently had eggs in my tank but didn't catch them in time and they were eaten :(

i have 7 corys, 2 Albino, 3 Peppered and 3 Emerald.

are there any tips or tricks to tell if ones pregnant so i can move her to a breeding box/tank?

Edit- i guess i should also ask how to tell the gender of the cory cause i haven't the slightest idea what my ratio is...

Hopefully someone can give you a better answer... This is my first batch, I didn't know mine were carrying eggs until I saw them on the glass. I've noticed a few of them have looked... chubbier? More rounded in the chest area. They've grown a lot lately, so I kinda just thoughts that's all it was.
I had originally planned to let nature take its course, and not take any drastic effort to save any babies. Then I saw cory eggs on the glass, and ran out to get a breeder box. Haha. And at least a few were already eaten in the half hour it took me to run out. The rest, I scraped off the glass, and dropped a few in the tank in the process, but still ended up with close to 50. I wonder of that was all from one female, or multiples?

Also, how do you tell the difference between the bronze and emeralds? All the ones I've seen marked as emerald look exactly like the bronze. Maybe they were mis-marked?

with all the time i've spent in petco, petsmart of my LFS i've never seen a "Bronze" cory... i've seen Peppered, Emerald, Albino, Sterba's and Panda corys.

the stores near me may just not carry them... but i know my emeralds look really different than most cory's i've seen... if you look at their body from the side it has an amazing green shine to it and one of my emeralds actually has what looks to be a green spot on/under his scales

i'd post a picture of mine but i don't have one on my computer or my phone... :(

i'm hoping that mine spawn again... just hope i'm home when they do so i can scoop them up :) i'll have to do some reading at work today and see what i can find about gender differences in cory's

Hmm. That sounds like mine too.

A quick google search tells me the difference is the Latin name, and the length/shape of the dorsal fin...

Here's what mine look like:

Attachments

• image-3760532071.jpg
    image-3760532071.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 198
i've been reading some things about sexing the corys and most of the sites or other forums i've found through google all say the best indicator is size... females are larger and more rounded/plump, males are smaller and slender.

i'm gonna have to inspect all my cory tonight when i get home and see what i can come up with lol. lets hope they stay still long enough.

I have a bronze and an emerald and they're easy to tell apart. The bronze has a much more prominent stripe than the emerald and, as already stated, emeralds have a green shimmer. :) Here are pics!

img_2265740_0_46dc2adbb46913aa53d0417540bc1a34.jpg

img_2265740_1_0df85acdf15a5adacd9e5777578f206e.jpg

Really awesome pics of the eggs! Had never seen them before.

Huh. I wonder if I have some of each. At least one is much darker and less shimmery. But they all came out of the same tank... It's a quandary. :)

Huh. I wonder if I have some of each. At least one is much darker and less shimmery. But they all came out of the same tank... It's a quandary. :)

:) I bought my emerald in an assorted thinking it was a bronze. I learned later. I love them anyway. :) they still shoal together more than with my other cories.

They hatched!

They're too tiny and too fast to count, but it looks like a lot.
I've seen a couple escape through the slots on the breeder box just in the last few minutes though... I hope at least a couple stick around and don't get themselves eaten.

Attachments

• image-1683001942.jpg
    image-1683001942.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 158
This is awful. They're too small for the breeder box, and they're all just swimming away. I already watched one get eaten. :(

What size are your breeding cories --2 or 3 inches or larger? I have very small ones (1 inch) and I hope one day they can breed too

Back
Top Bottom