cory hatching.. is it stuck in egg?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

annnie

Aquarium Advice Activist
hi everyone.

i managed to save 1 peppered corydora egg from my hungry betta and about 5 hours ago its been trying to get out of its egg. it only has its tail out of the egg and has been thrashing around trying to get out but is still stuck. Just wanted to know if this was normal and i dont need to worry that its taking a long time for it to get out?

thanks,
annie

thanks, it finally hatched completely but its looking very sluggish so im not sure if it will make it, hmmm.. just have to wait and see.

Some of them look like they have 'extra' labor getting out of the egg, it's not unusual, as the cory eggs have thick walls for their size. If you only have one left, give it some Hikari first bites, powdered food (spirulina/algae type may be best) or whatever's handy as a last resort. If he/she doesn't make it, take heart, the peppered cories do like to drop eggs a lot if fed well; my biggest female is almost ready for her 4th batch in about 9 months.

Back
Top Bottom