Cory ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VioletEmber

Aquarium Advice Freak
Got this little guy and I don't think petco was specific about which kind it was- I'm worried he will get too big for my 20g (and I want to get him some friends). Or I shall return him from whence he came...

image-745367088.jpg

image-3195365116.jpg

And please don't hate me for what someone here called the "clown puke" gravel-- i am going to change it all when I add real plants!

Corydoras

Hello Violet...

Your corydoras (little cat) won't get too large. I have some that are close to five years old and they're a little more than 2 inches long. I keep quite a few of these little guys in my tanks. I stock one for every five gallons of tank volume, so you could have three or four more of various kinds to keep your fish company. The Corydoras don't have to be the same species to get along, but they do better with others of their kind. They're all very peaceful fish.

B

Thanks for the help! I always see people talking about how much they love their cories but didn't see what the fuss was about- then I got one. Now I get it! Going to the LFS today to get him some friends!

Lol, I should have added that I think he will be fine in a 20g. Some people only keep corys that reach 2 inches in 20g tall tanks, but I personally think a few of the bigger ones should be fine in a 20 tall as long as there are not too many other bottom dwelling tankmates. :) I suggest you get about 3-4 of them. Yeah, they are pretty great little guys and they are even better when you have a few of them. You see a lot more behavior. :)

+1 to the adding more, my two have thrived with their friends and they are so much fun to watch!!

Back
Top Bottom