Cory Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scottishscales

Aquarium Advice Activist
Can you mix corys? I have three albinos but I would like to add in some other non orange species :p will they still group together or am I stuck with more albinos?

"There's always a bigger fish." - Qui-Gon Ginn

Can you mix corys? I have three albinos but I would like to add in some other non orange species :p will they still group together or am I stuck with more albinos?

Sure. Corys are utterly peaceful. If they're closely related species, they might school together.

How big is your tank? If you have the room, I might consider adding three more albinos, too. Corys are happiest when in groups of 5+.

I have a 46gal and I was thinking of getting a few nanus corys and swartz corys from Live Aquaria when I get my gouramis.

Just wanted to make sure they would fit in with my other corys.

I wasn't concerned so much with the aggression as I was with the idea that corys do better in groups of 5 and didn't know if the others being a slightly different cory if they would group together or not.

When I initially bought them someone at the lfs told me three would be fine, but I learned here 5 is the magic number so I wanted to get 2 or 3 more

Iv always heard they will still to there own kind or school togethere i had a 75gl with 7 different species of cories an would school with there own kind lol. A couple would drift away from the pack but would eventually come back but never any aggression at all towards any other fish or cory peacful guys an tour right they need at least 5 for each species off cories

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

What he said... :)

Yes, they do some how know their own kind and stick to their own groups. But I wouldn't stress over adding the ones you really want. They like eachother just fine. In case their was only 1-2 of a certain variety, I would get him a couple friends or give him to someone else who has them. I had one so called Cory, an Emerald Brochis and the little Bronze and Green Cories would follow him around - he was the biggest and in the tank first (before I knew they liked friends). They enjoyed each others company from what I could tell.

Back
Top Bottom