Corydora Sterbai

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bcutajar

Aquarium Advice Regular
Im planning on putting Corydora Sterbai in my Discus tank, which has relatively soft water, 30 degrees C (86 F). Do they eat the same live foods as Discus and should i drop the temperature a litte. Also how many for a 130 Litre tank

Corydora like cooler temps. 78* I have never heard of ppl putting them in with discus o_O ? They will eat anything that hits the bottom. Mine like their food with a little garlic oil in it. Shrimp pellets, Thera-A , micro wafers micro pellets, and sinking catfish wafers is what they get. They will not 'chase' live food, I give mine occasionally frozen brine shrimp and mysis shrimp. turn filter off tho so it doesnt get blown all over tank. has to sit at the bottom- They also eat blanched vegetables. I give mine zucchini carrots and peas
- for the love of Corys,! Research their needs. I can't see them being compatible with discus. Discus having special tank needs that is --
- about 10 of them if you decide it is ok

Ive been told by 4 different aquariums theyd be fine

C. Sterbai are one of he few cories that do well in water in the 80s, and they will do fine with discus. As already mentioned, your current size tank will not support discus' in the groups they should be kept in. Cardinal tetras and the C. Sterbai would do well together in that size tank.

David

My tank is only a temporary tank until i get my new tank which is double the size so juveniles should be fine for now

Back
Top Bottom