Corydoras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheWaterMark

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, the next stage of stocking my tank is bottom dwellers. I'm keen on a group of corydoras. Can anyone recommend an active type of corydora? Or are they pretty similar to each other?

In the tank ATM are zebra danios, neon tetras, harlequin rasbora, celestial cloud rasbora and a clown plec. Tank is 55g with sand substrate, a bunch of plants and 3 pieces of driftwood.

Any thoughts on corydora care also welcome.

Thanks in advance

I think if all corydoras are kept in schools then they should be active. What size tank have you got? I would recommend panda Cories, they are small and active.

His tank is a 55g

Any cory really would be suitable for your tank i personally love sterbai cories because of their pattern and thier little orange fins
corydoras_sterbai_7.jpg

I love sterbai as well. Just I couldn't get them cuz I fell in love with pandas lol.

If you've got good water quality pandas are a fine addition to any tank.

If you're a new comer bronze cories are nearly indestructible :)

If you fall inbetween Peppered and Julii are the way to go!

I try to think about what kind of Cory would stand out against the substrate. I, unfortunately put albinos in one of my tanks at school with a natural sand color and they are hard to see. The albinos I have at home, however are on a black sand substrate and stand out beautifully.

My panda cories are not as active as my false julii cories. My julii's are all over the tank and on the move all the time, while my pandas are usually active at night but more sedate during the day.

I have albinos they look great against my black substrate & I have julli,s which I think are pretty. Both are really active.

Back
Top Bottom