Corydoras question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

navarrosarah

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all,

I just put some cory cats in a 29-30 gallon tall hexagon tank. I know cory cats need to go to the surface occasionally for air or whatever. Is it going to be a problem for them to get to the top of the tank / The tank is about 2 feet tall. I need to know ASAP so that I can get them out of there if it will be a problem. Thanks

Sarah

My corrys do just fine in a 2 foot tall tank. Their air breathing is actually quite fun to watch. Occurs about dawn everyday and they take turns going up and down the corner of the tank for about 5 minutes. Rest of the day pretty much stay to the bottom going in and out of driftwood for hiding spots or searching the bottom for food.

I have cories that have been in a 29 and a 37 which is taller and no problem.They are in their new larger homes still going strong. Other than an occasional dart to the surface they stay at the bottom or on rocks.

Same - not optimum for small cories like if you had fry but no problem for adults.

You could also add some tall broad leaved plants. Mile like to sit on Amazon swords at about mid level of my 20g

Keep calm and drum on

Back
Top Bottom