corys being weird

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phoenixphire55

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have 4 corys and for the past few days 3 of them have been continuously swimming in circles up towards the top (not quite to the surface) and then swimming back down to the gravel and back up in a circular motion with each other. They're doing this at the end of the tank where the HOB is positioned. I've also noticed that when they do this their reflections in the glass make it looks like there are six of them. Maybe they think their reflections are friends and they're trying to school? Lol, idk. Just think its a little odd.

Corys ARE weird - that's why I love having them!

They zip up and down the glass for no apparent reason
They relax on their sides and freak me out thinking they are dead
They ingest air and fart it out
They move their eyes up and down - looks like they're blinking

Mine are aenaeus, very pretty, kinda greenish and kinda bronzey hence the common names. I'd like to get a few more species. I'd like a tank that had like three different species of 6 cories each in it.

WHat's the smalled MAX size species of corys. This way I can keep a bigger group without overloading my tank.

WHat's the smalled MAX size species of corys. This way I can keep a bigger group without overloading my tank.

That would be the dwarf cories which all max out at around 1". You're specifically looking for corydoras pygmaeus, corydoras habrosus, or corydorus hastatus.

Back
Top Bottom