Could I feed my fish oysters?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cnicole516

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently bought a can of oysters (sounded good at the time) but am having a hard time finishing them, it's a rather large can.
Would it be okay or healthy to feed them to my goldfish?
Seems like an odd question, but thought I'd ask instead of just tossing them :)

I'd get some batter, them things are great deep fried with some hot sauce.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Even if you had fresh, raw oysters, feeding it to your fish has to be a crime. I like cracker crumbs and chili sauce mixed with horseradish for dip but to each their own!

I can't believe you all like oysters yuck. Sardines are so much better with hot sauce on them so much better haha.

I can't believe you all like oysters yuck. Sardines are so much better with hot sauce on them so much better haha.

I can't believe you don't put your sardines on saltines with mustard.

Real sardines come with spicy oil in the can.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I do that to haha I have had pretty much every variety if sardines so good.

After I started in the fish keeping hobby, I don't think I could eat another fish stick while in the same room as my tank! Lol

After I started in the fish keeping hobby, I don't think I could eat another fish stick while in the same room as my tank! Lol

Haha I still catch fish and eat them all the time right in front of the tank it makes me wonder how our aquarium fish taste;) hahaha jk

Haha I still catch fish and eat them all the time right in front of the tank it makes me wonder how our aquarium fish taste;) hahaha jk

Or you could hold up a fish stick to your tank and say "this is what happens to bully fish!" Lol!

Ive actually put clam shells in my tank that were cooked and have a little bit of muscle meat in my tanks and watched my mollies go nuts on it. They clean the shell and the meat off of it.

Back
Top Bottom