Could this be planaria?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Masha

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've got some tiny white creatures on my aquarium glass. White, oval, about 1mm or even smaller. They feel hard to the touch but I can scratch them off. They move around!

I read that planaria are a sign of over-feeding. I've been very careful about feeding, and have been vacuming gravel with every wc - but I recently added new plants. (Yesterday!)

The plants came from a tank with no fish.

Could these have come with the plants? Or are the definitely a sign that I'm over-feeding?

Should I be worried? :ermm:

If it is planaria, from what I've heard it won't actually harm your fish, but I could be wrong.

If it is planaria, from what I've heard it won't actually harm your fish, but I could be wrong.

Well, that's reassuring. One of my black widow tetras ate one I scratched off of the glass. Kept spitting it out, but in the end I think it went down the hatch.

Well, that's reassuring. One of my black widow tetras ate one I scratched off of the glass. Kept spitting it out, but in the end I think it went down the hatch.

I know have small white worm things in the gravel of my aquarium, which seemed to have showed up after i bought a plant from Petco :banghead:. From what ive found, they are harmless, which is good cause if have seen a tetras eat them multiple times when they get stirred up. So far no fish deaths :):fish2:. I also hope to completely rescape the tank soon anyway, so by by worms :D

The more I look at them, the more I think they are baby snails. They have hard little shells, but flat, as far as I can tell.

Back
Top Bottom