Crab compatibilty?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paxdaddy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Are there any freshwater crabs that can be put into a community aquarium?

I don't think there are any freshwater crabs--all the ones I know about are brackish or saltwater. The brackish require the ability to get to land as well, otherwise they drown.

KaylNeko said:
I don't think there are any freshwater crabs--all the ones I know about are brackish or saltwater. The brackish require the ability to get to land as well, otherwise they drown.

+1agree

Yeah that's what I thought. Thanks guys. Wish there were. I think they are so cool.

Paxdaddy said:
Yeah that's what I thought. Thanks guys. Wish there were. I think they are so cool.

It would be cool I was wondering a long time ago but I got the same answer. :)

So do I--I plan to set up a fiddler crab (brackish) tank at some point. Trying to figure out how to make it deep enough for a good fish tank yet make sure the crab won't drown himself being unable to get up to the land without getting a huge one *lol*

Lol. If you get something set up you will have to post pics. That would be sweet!

I will--just wait a couple years. :D I need to find a place to live that I'll be there for a while and that can hold the many tanks I want to put together *rofl*

Fishie: Yep. Forgot about those fellers. 1/2 inch, freshwater, fully aquatic.

Back
Top Bottom