Cracked fluval edge tank, wont be getting a topped tank again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wilyfox

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Have been using a Fluval edge tank for the last 6 weeks or so, it has a fully enclosed design so a glass top as well with a small square centre for oxygen exchange and getting into the tank. Doing a water change I knocked the top with a jug, a nice crack propagated 4inches across the top so I'm currently running it with the water 1 cm below the top. The top of the tank looks worse but the bubble waterfall made by the filter is loved by the fish, they swim through it all the time now where as before they avoided the flow. Also looks really cool

I can definitely say I wouldn't get a tank with a glass top in future, bubbles and good lighting are much better than a nice clean top. Just in case anyone was thinking of getting it as a "pretty" tank

Yeah, my local fish store also has a cracked Fluval Edge. However, the tank seems to be doing really well! Best of luck!

Most of my tanks are topless, the only downside is topping off water more frequently and watching for jumpers otherwise I prefer it that way.

Back
Top Bottom