Craigslist Tank Help..!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The 65 gallon sounds like a good deal with the stand. You could buy a glass top for relatively cheap add whatever filter you want and then you have better options for lighting, especially is you decide to plant it.

I'd go for it. Even at a dollar a gallon, a 65 is a good size tank, and you would be hard pressed to find a nice stand for 35 bucks anywhere.
$100 for both is a pretty good deal :)

sweet, i dont want to plant it, i have no idea how to plant, i can barely cook lol but i do want to go africans or let the wife go nuts with fancy guppies!

Personally, I would go with the bow-front and fix it up. It has a larger foot print if you are wanting Africans. Since the 65 gal is taller rather than long, it doesn't have as much swimming space.

i mean, do i really need the bottom brace on the bow..? i can understand the top needing it but the bottm edge has the bottom glass plus the sides, isnt that support enough? and then the top is intact, what do you guys think..? i love africans more that gups and molly/platys

You don't need a brace. Fill it with water outside. Then use a level to see if it bows. Your not going to need a brace for the bottom for sure the middle possibly if the tank bows from the water pressure

cant i make a brace out of plexiglass and glue it in? like a 4" wide piece, and im still mixed on the tank, do i need the bottom brace or is it purely for looks?

I would take the 65 with stand. Footprint I don't think you will have to much of a difrence.

My 75 is 21" deep I think the BF maybe a the same
yes you are correct, my 75g from aqueon is 48x18x21 deep the 65g from aqueon is 36x18x25 so its not too much but i think the aquatic life led fixture should get 4" lower lol

cant i make a brace out of plexiglass and glue it in? like a 4" wide piece, and im still mixed on the tank, do i need the bottom brace or is it purely for looks?

He bottom brace doesn't do anything. You can try to glue one in if needed that didnt work on my 125 the ripped out so I built a upside down you to stick over it. I don't think it will now though depends on the glass thickness

Back
Top Bottom