Craters of sand!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

antgaitan

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone. About a month ago, i started quarantining 2 new African Dwarf Frogs. and at the exact same time, I lost more than half of a community due to a fungal disease. Betta and 10 emperor tetras, they died very rapidly within a couple of days and wasn’t able to save them through treatment. Still have no clue where this outbreak came from. But any-who, that’s not what this is about. The surviving fish from the community (Bristlenose and 9 Kuhlis) have been quarantined and medicated in sterilite tubs since the mass die off. I’m using sand substrate in the new tank for the first time, never had any experience with it. Today I added the frogs and the pleco (Not kuhlis yet as not to overload the biofilter) and after an hour noticed someone made a little crater of sand under some plants, i leveled it out, but it was back again in 10 minutes when i walked away, i leveled it out again but it came back. Given as I have no experience with using sand... who’s doing this???? the frogs or the pleco? it doesn’t bother me, I actually think it’s fascinating and really cute. Seeing my animals engage in new behaviors is amazing. The pleco was on gravel originally and the frogs were in a sterilite tub with no substrate.

It's probably the pleco. My BN LOVES to dig in the sand. He is always moving it around- digging craters, making piles, ect.

Prob the pleco! I don’t have plecos but my best friend does and here loves to dig! Your fish sound so cute!

Back
Top Bottom