Crayfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ckconnorkilp

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a ten gal and I've been thinking of getting a crayfish and I need to all about them.
asap.

there fairly easy to care for,feed them pretty much anything that doesnt have copper(copper will kill them)if you see what looks like a dead cray,dont worry,its probably just a moult,and for a ten,a dwarf cray is what you want.

Okay but what foods have copper in them.
will they eat my fish (surface swimmers).
What about water changes??!???????!!!!!!
Lastly will they climb up the filter (which doesn't touch the gravel)

Also the filter is above the gravel 4 inches. And the gravel is 1and 1/4 inches deep,do I need more????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
P.s.thanks for repling.

I actually have two self cloning marble crayfish in a 10 gallon with about 15 RCS. No fish, even they do sometimes eye up the shrimp they can't catch them. The depth of your gravel is fine. But i would make sure that there are no big openings in your hood or lid cause these lil buggers like to find ways of escaping. if you have any plants or fake plants be prepared to have to put them back in the gravel as they love to redecorate the tank on you. But i think they're pretty awesome to have.

There is a 1inch gap or smaller so the filter is not squeezed in .but will that matter??????other wise it is perfect

I actually have two self cloning marble crayfish in a 10 gallon with about 15 RCS. No fish, even they do sometimes eye up the shrimp they can't catch them. The depth of your gravel is fine. But i would make sure that there are no big openings in your hood or lid cause these lil buggers like to find ways of escaping. if you have any plants or fake plants be prepared to have to put them back in the gravel as they love to redecorate the tank on you. But i think they're pretty awesome to have.
if there real plants,the only way to put them back would be to dissect the cray.i dont reccommend doing that.

Back
Top Bottom