Crayfish and Bloodfin Tetra together?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aniistarr

Aquarium Advice Regular
Can crayfish and bloodfin tetra go together in a 10g?? :huh:

I am giving away my bloodfin tetra to my bf's sister and she has around 8 crayfish in her 10G so can my 3 bloodfin be there together? :confused:

What kind of crays are they? Unless they are CPO's or cajuns (C. Patzcuarensis or C. Shufeldtii) they will probably make snacks out of the bloodfins. If they are not dwarfs, their 10G is already overstocked.

I know you are trying to find a good home for the bloodfins since your tank is too small for them, but bloodfins should have something more like a 20g and need to be in a school.

they look like lobster, but are small ones. I already put my bloodfin in there to see how they adapt and so far they are doing good, i will keep an eye on them and see how they are doing, otherwise i will give them back to a LFS, maybe i can upload a picture of the crayfish when i get a change :fish2:

What kind of crays are they? Unless they are CPO's or cajuns (C. Patzcuarensis or C. Shufeldtii) they will probably make snacks out of the bloodfins. If they are not dwarfs, their 10G is already overstocked.

I know you are trying to find a good home for the bloodfins since your tank is too small for them, but bloodfins should have something more like a 20g and need to be in a school.

I found the crayfish are C. Patzcuarensis, i have seen when putting them together my bloodfins are not even scare of them and the crayfish wont do anything to them although some seems like they dont like to be disturbed other than that it seem to be fine since the bloodfin swims pretty fast and they could get away if anything i guess :huh:

Back
Top Bottom