crayfish + bamboo shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alLexX

Aquarium Advice Addict
i have a 20 gallon tank,and was wondering if i could put a bamboo shrimp in it. i have a blue crayfish in it and was worried it would attack the bamboo shrimp.:zook:

Blue crays are serial killers. I finally gave up and keep mine in a species tank all by herself.

I keep my blue cray alone..he spends most of his days defending his tank walls to anyone that walks in the room...I would never pair him with anything let alone a shrimp. I've heard of people keeping them in large heavily planted communitry tanks..but even that wouldn't be worth the risk for me. More often than not they are with smaller fish they end up eating or larger fish that end up eating them. Also make sure it's a well established tank for a bamboo shrimp...they are filter shrimp...very interesting feeders. If you see them foraging on the ground with their little claw-like hands it means they are starving. It might be a good idea to keep on hand a pipette and liquid fry food you can squirt directly at him if he's not getting enough food. I keep CPO's (dwarf cray) in with shrimp and that works out nicely.

Back
Top Bottom