Crayfish compatibility

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheNamelessPoet

Aquarium Advice Freak
well i know ottos won't work as he ate all 3 i bought lol. tasty snack for him. Im looking for some type of fish like that tho that i can put in my 20 gallon tank. any ideas? I need something to help make sure the glass stays clean. i have a very high wattage bulb 3+wpg so Im constantly fighting the algae and id rather just get a fish that likes to eat it instead of adding chemicals

You could reduce the light, no fish or invert is going to keep the glass clean as well as dealing with the core issue.
It's the one thing I dont want to do. I put a lower wattage on about 40 and it doesnt look as nice. I know it wont be prefect but I LOVE having my "lobster" and want a bright light to show it off :p

You can lower the wattage and still maintain the particular light color you are after. You could also reduce photoperiod and/or add plants.
I thought about the plants but with the creyfish everything I have read says he is going to eat/kill them :-(

You could try floating plants like hornwort, duckweed, water lettuce, and frogbit/Salvinia. All are pretty good at absorbing excess nutrients however you will not be solving the problem at hand and will still have some algea.

Back
Top Bottom