? creatures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

knills

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i was at the LFS and i saw a tank that had these snails labeled lavender snails and idea what it was and another one wasnt even written on the tank and it was just a hermit crab in fresh water is that possible or was i hallucinating

I have seen what looks like crabs in the fresh water with a HUGE claw, but no hermit crab.

that would be a fiddeler crab i owned them 4 a couple of years and they r inreadably hardy i barely payed attention 2 them

I belive filder crabs are only simi-aquatic, but i'm unsure.

they can live completely underwater but its not togood for them sooo i wouldnt but if u want to kepp them in ur tank beware they r oppurtunistic feeders and make some sort of steps to a platform but i would just go for a red claw crab u can find them at petco and heres a link to them of course they r oppurtunistic too heres a link to a site www.aqualandpetsplus.com/ Bug,%20Red%20Claw%20...

Fiddler crabs are not FW crabs. So far, I have yet to find a true freshwater crab.

They should also have an area where they can climb out of water.

Back
Top Bottom