Crisis!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

big_al01

Aquarium Advice Freak
All of my fish and snails died overnight in my planted tank! My tank is dirted and i tested the water perimeters and everything is good! The only thing i couldn't test for was ammonia because it isn't available on my current text strips (i am ordering an API soo) my cherry shrimp are still alive and doing fine! I does excel at .5ml on this tank! What could have happend!!!

That's odd, shrimp are usually the first to go if water goes wacky.. What was in there for fish?

Did you do some cleaning with you tank open ? Could you have dropped something in the tank ? That sucks I would be so sad

I would look at oxygen levels - ammonia will nail the shrimp right away, although oxygen should affect them as well.

Any recent maintenance? Think about what could of happened over the past few days

This is the biggest reach ever.. You say a dirted tank?? Possibly a toxic bubble formed in the substrate and was released by your snails digging up some buried rotten food, the rotten food killed the snails and the toxic bubble whacked the fish.. Meanwhile the shrimps were all chillin out of barbs way on some moss or something????

This is the biggest reach ever.. You say a dirted tank?? Possibly a toxic bubble formed in the substrate and was released by your snails digging up some buried rotten food, the rotten food killed the snails and the toxic bubble whacked the fish.. Meanwhile the shrimps were all chillin out of barbs way on some moss or something????

Lol it could've been, that wouldn't explain why the mysteries died though

No they had bubbles coming from their shells and they were pushed way back in their shells. I don't think mysteries dig in the substrate lol

No they had bubbles coming from their shells and they were pushed way back in their shells. I don't think mysteries dig in the substrate lol

I've had it for about 10 months and it's been dirted for about 4 months

Back
Top Bottom