Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-25-2019, 11:42 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Crooked tail

Hey guys new to the site hoping someone can give me some sort of clarity towards my issue Iíve noticed this crooked tail on one fish and starting on another seemed to happen over night almost wondering if anyone knows what it is or how to resolve thanks in advanced it is an electric blue ram
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	00A154E8-9261-48E6-A0BA-EC80D026D059.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	221.7 KB
ID:	311839  

Old 01-26-2019, 01:09 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

That deformity looks more like a genetic problem rather than a disease. Certain bacterial infections can cause twisted spinal distortions, but probably not the problem in your situation.

Old 01-27-2019, 02:03 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

[QUOTE=V227;3518383]That deformity looks more like a genetic problem rather than a disease. Certain bacterial infections can cause twisted spinal distortions, but probably not the problem in your situation.[/QUOTE\].

I feel like it happened very fast almost over night is it possible for a deformity to take dominance that quickly
Old 01-27-2019, 08:38 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

I think your Ram is suffering from some type of genetic spinal scoliosis. I've seen fish afflicted with fish TB and severe intestinal bacteria infections. Besides the obvious bent & sometimes twisted spine, they have other things in common, lack of appetite, impaired swimming ability, fungus sprouting out of the mouth, ect. In other words, those fish really looked bad. If your ram is eating and otherwise acting normally, I still say the problem is likely genetic. As for the speedy onset of the spinal bend, I have no answer.
Old 01-27-2019, 04:19 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by V227 View Post
I think your Ram is suffering from some type of genetic spinal scoliosis. I've seen fish afflicted with fish TB and severe intestinal bacteria infections. Besides the obvious bent & sometimes twisted spine, they have other things in common, lack of appetite, impaired swimming ability, fungus sprouting out of the mouth, ect. In other words, those fish really looked bad. If your ram is eating and otherwise acting normally, I still say the problem is likely genetic. As for the speedy onset of the spinal bend, I have no answer.

Thanks a lot for your input means a lot. Iím continuing to keep a close eye they seemed to have some i digestion issues from what I feel to be them eating some of the algae that has formed on some of the features in my tank I was most concerned of TB but I agree on the fish looking way worse than that
Old 01-27-2019, 04:20 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by V227 View Post

I did a close to half tank water change to take out any of the algae and any bacteria that might be the cause so hopefully if it was a bacteria cause it will continue to get better

Tags
tail

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com