Crowded?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RyanBenson

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I was just wandering if this look too crowded with decorations?? I just need some aquascaping advice! :)

image-1968179565.jpg

image-2858647044.jpg

image-667279337.jpg

The fish seem fine, they are swimming through the cave and at every level of the tank! I was just hoping for some expert advice!

I feel like there aren't too many but they either need to form one unit or be organized differently. The way it is now it looks a little busy.

I feel like there aren't too many but they either need to form one unit or be organized differently. The way it is now it looks a little busy.

So I should move the two pink plants together? To free up the passage way in between my volcano and the cave?

I'd push the tall ones as fa back as they can go, maybe even put them next to each other (the bubbles kind of cover the green one). I agree you should move or take out the purple one that's in between the volcano and the rock it's my least favorite. And maybe push the rock back so there's a clear spot in the front (I can't really tell how far back it is).

I'd push the tall ones as fa back as they can go, maybe even put them next to each other (the bubbles kind of cover the green one). I agree you should move or take out the purple one that's in between the volcano and the rock it's my least favorite. And maybe push the rock back so there's a clear spot in the front (I can't really tell how far back it is).

Ooh ok yeah, the purple one takes up a lot of room and I was iffy about it. The rock can go back about and inch or two before hitting the glass. And now that I look at it, yeah, the bubbles do cover up the green one! Thanks!! P.s. I like your tank! It looks great!

I like the orange plant. Am i right in thinking that it glows in the dark for a while once the lights have been turned off? I have a smaller pink one in my 30 and i love how easy it scrubs clean. Lovely tank.

I like the orange plant. Am i right in thinking that it glows in the dark for a while once the lights have been turned off? I have a smaller pink one in my 30 and i love how easy it scrubs clean. Lovely tank.

Yes it does!! And thanks!! I plan on getting a 30 gal in the summer and making it a semi-aggressive tank! Are 30 gal tanks harder to maintain than 10's??

Yes and no usually the bigger the tank the easier it is. If you put something that could alter the ph, ammonia, etc... It will affect the smaller tank more than the larger tank, but in a larger tank you have more work to do to keep it up and running

They are easier to maintain believe it or not. This is because in lager volumes impurities are diluted further so imbalances easier to manage - affecting the fish less. 3o0 are not too big that space to put the tank are impossible to find lol but they are big enough that you have plenty of options in terms of stocking. .

Ooh ok yeah, the purple one takes up a lot of room and I was iffy about it. The rock can go back about and inch or two before hitting the glass. And now that I look at it, yeah, the bubbles do cover up the green one! Thanks!! P.s. I like your tank! It looks great!

Thanks! I think it'll look a lot better without the purple one breaking the whole thing up.

Yes and no usually the bigger the tank the easier it is. If you put something that could alter the ph, ammonia, etc... It will affect the smaller tank more than the larger tank, but in a larger tank you have more work to do to keep it up and running

Oh ok, I see! Thanks!!

They are easier to maintain believe it or not. This is because in lager volumes impurities are diluted further so imbalances easier to manage - affecting the fish less. 3o0 are not too big that space to put the tank are impossible to find lol but they are big enough that you have plenty of options in terms of stocking. .

Well cool! I was thinking about getting a 30 instead of the 10 but I thought it was the smaller the easier! But I also really wanted a lot of the fish that were 29 or 30 gallon fish! Like bala sharks and a few other that I can't think of right off the top of my head!

I certainly wouldn't mind more work!!

Thanks! I think it'll look a lot better without the purple one breaking the whole thing up.

No problem! And it does! Where do you think I should put my two big ones? If I move the green one by the yellow one in the pic then my filter is blowing the green one out towards the front if the tank.

No problem! And it does! Where do you think I should put my two big ones? If I move the green one by the yellow one in the pic then my filter is blowing the green one out towards the front if the tank.

Huh I don't know then I like the yellow one but I don't know where I would put the green one. Just move it around and see how it looks in different places.

Back
Top Bottom