Crypts!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Welsh

Aquarium Advice Freak
Tank is still cycling, its only been 5 days but its already driving me mad. The ammonia keeps on going up and down, but no sign of Nitrite or Nitrates yet :( Will I even see either, if I'm using an old filter?

I picked up my plants that I ordered last week:
4 - Hygrophilia Polysperma
4- Anubia Nana Bonzai
4 - Cryptocoryne Wendtii

Couldn't have come any sooner, as I'm practically down to all rhizome with my Barteri, it pains me to look at them. :( I'm also hoping the cycle won't kill the new plants -- they cost me £50 - including 2 Coffeefolia -- which I don't have yet, so I think I have a right to be paranoid about them dying!! haha

Anyway... I've never owned Crypts before and I was just wondering can they attach to rocks? I can't plant any of the plants yet, since I don't have gravel... no thanks Pettex and their dodgy substrate, so atm they are in their pots.

Also, I found a four leaf clover plant on one of the Crypts. I know Marsilea looks like this but before I get excited about my freebie, I thought I'd ask whether the crypt throws off flowers, or something that looks like it?

Back
Top Bottom