Cucumber

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishninja

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have heard of people feeding there fish cucumber and zucchini, so what do people have to say about this??!

What exactly are you wondering? I feed my pleco cucumber regularly and my other fish will pick at it occasionally. I have tried zucchini as well which is just as good, though my pleco prefers the cucumber. It is good to feed a varied diet and include vegetables.

you can just put a piece directly in, but you will have to weigh it down with something. or you can blanch it first, then it will sink. to blanch it, bring some water to a boil then drop it in for 10-20 seconds then remove and cool it off

To blanch it do I put the whole cucumber in or sliced peices

I put a couple slices of zucchini in my 220g every other day for the Pleco, Whiptail cats, and the Angelfish. I slice a couple pieces of zucchini about 3/8" thick, lay them on a paper towel and nuke them for about 7-8 seconds, remove immediately and hold under cold running tap water to stop the cooking process. Then I hang each strip on a veggie clip in the tank. My Albino LF BNP waits close to the spot I hang them so she is the first one to eat. She likes the skin as well as the pulp. Even small fish can pick at pieces if they want.

Thanks guys. Tried nuking it but no such luck( old microwave) boiling it now updates soon

Something to remember is you don't want to make the zucchini soft or it falls apart to easily in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom