Culturing Brine Shrinp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

azn_fishy55

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Okay, I am pretty much sick and tired of going to the fish store every week to buy live brine shrimp that are already half dead. So how do you culture these things, and how do you make them more nutritional to fishes too?

They sell packets of eggs and hatcheries to go with'em, 24hrs and fresh BBS (baby brine shrimp). Simply google "raising brineshrimp" or some such and you'll have all the info you need.

I did some research and here are the materials: 2 L Bottle, Air Pump, Air-Line Tubing, Airstone, Brine Shrimp Eggs. When they hatch I intend to raise them to adults, what do I feed them?

I like to grind up lettuce or something like that in water until its green then I feed it to them, only 2 drops though.

There are food for brine shrimp if you can find it, and of course its by san fransisco bay brand.

A couple hours before feeding them to your fish put some liqiud vitamin stuff in theyre water. I think zoecon was one for fw. An example would be putting selcon in the water, but thats only for sw.

Sounds like you need to some more googling, doing your own research is a great way to learn :wink:
Always search the forums and google before posting, its good net'iquette and you'll learn far more.
I'm not busting your balls, just trying to help you help yourself.

Sounds like you need to some more googling, doing your own research is a great way to learn :wink:
Always search the forums and google before posting, its good net'iquette and you'll learn far more.
I'm not busting your balls, just trying to help you help yourself.

@ ChileRelleno: Plus there is so much stuff to hatch Brine Shrimp out there and maybe somebody has already experience, what works, what not and what is easiest?! We answer so many questions of the same type all the time, I think this is not one of them.

Back
Top Bottom