Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-25-2006, 11:27 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

cute

As I was doing some tank maintenance today I left the cabinet door opened. My dog decided to have a snack and walked off of a container of betta bites ....

I've always thought of my bettas as dogs with fins, but I guess my dog thinks she's a betta with fur

Old 06-25-2006, 11:44 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via MSN to imrandome1
LOL my cat Loves pond sticks, but not aquarium fish food, he run like crazy to get some lol

Old 06-25-2006, 11:46 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

My boxer recently ate an ounce jar of flake food while I was in the shower. I normally put the food away immediately after I feed the fish, but for whatever reason I didn't that day. When I went back in the room after my shower my dog (Riley) was laying on the floor and he wouldn't make any eye contact with me. I knew right away he did something bad. Luckily he had no ill effects from it!
Old 06-25-2006, 05:12 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

My cats go nuts for flake food. They even like the algae wafers. One will chase me around the house mewing to get more.
Old 06-25-2006, 05:38 PM   #5
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Devilishturtles
My (small!) cat ate an entire $15 newly opened caister of turtle food one time...boy was I mad. Now if I want my dogs to come to me, I just say "want some fish food?" and they come running...they love it!

Live in the Western MD/West Virginia/DC Metro Area?
Join our very active regional forum Here

Like the advice someone just gave you? Add to their reputation! Click on the balance icon underneath their username and let them know.
Devilishturtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 07:09 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

ROFL - cute stories. Now if only everyone would eat their own food we'd have it made ! The parakeet and the fish & snails have completely ignored the blanched zucchini today - the dog of the other hand has been begging for more.

There's also a wild egret that comes begging for chicken frank pieces in my yard - he won't eat anything else from me - I've even tried fresh sardines ! Go figure
Old 06-25-2006, 11:41 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

While I clean out my mouse cage, I let the mice roam freely on my desk. One time, one of them fell or jumped onto the carpet and scurried under my masive dresser. With a flashlight, I could see her all the way in the back, but I couldn't reach her. I managed to coax her out with fish flakes!

Whenever I feed my bedroom tank, the mice smell the fish food and come up to investigate. Sometimes, I give them some and they go nuts over it!
Old 06-26-2006, 02:29 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to tropicfishman
lol my buddy ate a spoon full of flake food once on a dare, pretty nasty apperently lol
Old 06-26-2006, 02:29 PM   #9
J-D
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

my dog eats everything...including rubber gloves!
Old 06-27-2006, 02:49 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Regular

My ferrets like to turn off the power for the aquarium, They think it's funny too.,
Old 06-27-2006, 03:28 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to DarylF2 Send a message via Yahoo to DarylF2
My cats adore fish food, especially the floating cichlid sticks. They go WILD over them!

When I had pet mice (a long-haired golden silky named Alexandra and a long-haired white-with-black-spots silky named Nicholas), they loved the floating cichlid sticks, too! Alexandra would wrestle her husband for them (and she'd always, ALWAYS win); she'd even snatch them from her children and chow down! Once I was feeding her sunflower seeds (a favorite of hers) and offered her a floating cichlid stick. She THREW the sunflower seed all the way across the 20L tank she and Nicholas lived in and grabbed the floating cichlid stick! LOL!

I really miss them, especially Alexandra. They lived about 2.5 years, and seemed to die of old age. Alexandra died first, then Nicholas followed about a week later. *sigh*
Old 06-27-2006, 04:32 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilishturtles
My (small!) cat ate an entire $15 newly opened caister of turtle food one time...boy was I mad. Now if I want my dogs to come to me, I just say "want some fish food?" and they come running...they love it!
Dogs seem to come if you ask them anything. eg: "Want a kick in the rear?" and it'll be excited as if it wanted a kick in the rear. I think they respond to the tone and expression of your voice rather than words.
Old 06-27-2006, 05:31 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

My grandma had a weird dog. It was weiner dog and would eat the seed the birds would knock out of their cages and onto the floor. He loved that bird seed for some reason.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com