cute

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joannde

Aquarium Advice Addict
As I was doing some tank maintenance today I left the cabinet door opened. My dog decided to have a snack and walked off of a container of betta bites ....

I've always thought of my bettas as dogs with fins, but I guess my dog thinks she's a betta with fur :)

LOL my cat Loves pond sticks, but not aquarium fish food, he run like crazy to get some lol

My boxer recently ate an ounce jar of flake food while I was in the shower. I normally put the food away immediately after I feed the fish, but for whatever reason I didn't that day. When I went back in the room after my shower my dog (Riley) was laying on the floor and he wouldn't make any eye contact with me. I knew right away he did something bad. Luckily he had no ill effects from it!

My cats go nuts for flake food. They even like the algae wafers. One will chase me around the house mewing to get more. :)

My (small!) cat ate an entire $15 newly opened caister of turtle food one time...boy was I mad. Now if I want my dogs to come to me, I just say "want some fish food?" and they come running...they love it!

ROFL - cute stories. Now if only everyone would eat their own food we'd have it made ! The parakeet and the fish & snails have completely ignored the blanched zucchini today - the dog of the other hand has been begging for more.

There's also a wild egret that comes begging for chicken frank pieces in my yard - he won't eat anything else from me - I've even tried fresh sardines ! Go figure :)

While I clean out my mouse cage, I let the mice roam freely on my desk. One time, one of them fell or jumped onto the carpet and scurried under my masive dresser. With a flashlight, I could see her all the way in the back, but I couldn't reach her. I managed to coax her out with fish flakes!

Whenever I feed my bedroom tank, the mice smell the fish food and come up to investigate. Sometimes, I give them some and they go nuts over it!

My ferrets like to turn off the power for the aquarium, They think it's funny too.,

My cats adore fish food, especially the floating cichlid sticks. They go WILD over them!

When I had pet mice (a long-haired golden silky named Alexandra and a long-haired white-with-black-spots silky named Nicholas), they loved the floating cichlid sticks, too! Alexandra would wrestle her husband for them (and she'd always, ALWAYS win); she'd even snatch them from her children and chow down! Once I was feeding her sunflower seeds (a favorite of hers) and offered her a floating cichlid stick. She THREW the sunflower seed all the way across the 20L tank she and Nicholas lived in and grabbed the floating cichlid stick! LOL!

I really miss them, especially Alexandra. They lived about 2.5 years, and seemed to die of old age. Alexandra died first, then Nicholas followed about a week later. *sigh*

Devilishturtles said:
My (small!) cat ate an entire $15 newly opened caister of turtle food one time...boy was I mad. Now if I want my dogs to come to me, I just say "want some fish food?" and they come running...they love it!
Dogs seem to come if you ask them anything. eg: "Want a kick in the rear?" and it'll be excited as if it wanted a kick in the rear. I think they respond to the tone and expression of your voice rather than words.

My grandma had a weird dog. It was weiner dog and would eat the seed the birds would knock out of their cages and onto the floor. He loved that bird seed for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom