cycle ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pstrew

Aquarium Advice Regular
ok so i knw i can add exsisting filter media to a new tank to speed up the cycleing...my question is can i just ring out the old filter into the water or can i just let it set in the water or what are some recomindations

the new tank has been cylcking for oner a week and it has 5 small feder fish in it to do the prosses...im looking to speed it up thow

thewas used befor as well as the gravel they sat dry for like 2 months so im taking it as there is no usfull bactirea left or is there?

just want to get my fish befor its sold but i dont want to put it in harms way for my benifet just maybe a faster cylce

i do have a canister filter on my other tank could i throw some of the filter beeds in? how much bemiet would that ave

The beneficial bacteria is sticky and adheres to seurfaces, There is very little in the water and it sticks to filter media

I wouldn't say it's "sticky" but it does colonize primarily on surfaces where there is more water flow because it thrives on the oxygen in that water. It is an aerobic bacteria.
Using media from an already established filter will definitely speed up the cycling process if not skipping it altogether.

Back
Top Bottom