Cycle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laura1841

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
An somebody tell me where I am with my cycle, my tank has been running for 7 weeks now and the last two weeks my readings have been like below..... What could be causing the .25 ammonia?!? I only have 5 danios in my tank and have resorted feeding them once every two days! 50% water change every 3 days!!! Please help!!!

Attachments

• image-2685506401.jpg
    image-2685506401.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 58
I had the same problem with my tank when I first set it up, I done regular water changes and found the filter I was using was not doing the correct job so I replaced it at the time. That worked for me im not sure if their are other contributing factors other than the fish.

Do u have any live plants in the tank? So iv herd, dying plants my cause poor water quality.

Somebody please quote me if im wrong? still kinda new to this only had my aquarium for 12 months

Definitely check your tap for ammonia. What type of water conditioner are you using? It looks like theres a small amount of ammonia in your pic but the lighting your reading it in can be deceptive. I would do a comparison test with some distilled water or RO water & compare this to your tank test outside in natural daylight. If your tank matches the distilled water, then your actually reading zero and your tank is cycled.

Back
Top Bottom