Cycle finished?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pckerfreak44

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just got a ten gal tank yesterday, cleaned it am everything. I had two filters running to increase the oxygen for the bacteria. One of my filters was new. The other one was from my old tank so it had all the bacteria in there already. I also ha the heater in to bout 78. And had a fancy goldfish in there all night. Do you think it would be ok to start adding my other fish to the tank now?

Then the tank should have instantly cycled since it's the same bioload with the same bacteria. So you very well could be fully cycled, I would still watch the parameters for a while to make sure nothing comes up.

davePM said:
What is your ammonia, nitrite and nitrate levels?

It's the same fish with the same filter pluse a new one. Just on as bigger tank. So it shouldn't change anything from being in the old cycled tank.

00youknowit00 said:
It's the same fish with the same filter pluse a new one. Just on as bigger tank. So it shouldn't change anything from being in the old cycled tank.

Doesn't mean you don't need to test. Testing should be the first thing done when you see or suspect anything that isn't normal.

davePM said:
Doesn't mean you don't need to test. Testing should be the first thing done when you see or suspect anything that isn't normal.

I know, I was just saying I wouldn't be immediately alarmed, since the same bioload is with the same bacteria colony. I 100% think you need to test, period. But yes, you can't know for sure till you test.

I'll get a test kit as soon as I can. What do u suggest I do? Move em bak to other tank or wait it out and hope they recover?

Pckerfreak44 said:
I'll get a test kit as soon as I can. What do u suggest I do? Move em bak to other tank or wait it out and hope they recover?

Well why are the jumping back? Is it random? Or is something getting close to them?

When in doubt...change water. You'll be surprised how many issues can be solved with fresh, conditioned, temperature matched water. And I agree the test kit is virtually mandatory in most cases.

Make sure you research Corys. They need to be kept in groups, and a 10 gallon limits your stocking options.

Back
Top Bottom