Cycle Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Love_MyFish

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can anyone help me with these readings? (PIC IS ATTACHED)

Attachments

• GEDC0026.jpg
    GEDC0026.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 115
  • GEDC0025.jpg
    GEDC0025.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 112
Looks like nitrite and ammonia: 1.0ppm and nitrates is 5.0ppm. Are you doing fish-in or fish-less cycle?

roydooms said:
Looks like nitrite and ammonia: 1.0ppm and nitrates is 5.0ppm. Are you doing fish-in or fish-less cycle?

I agree with those numbers. Your doing a fish in cycle so you really need to get those numbers down. I would suggest doing 3 70% PWC throughout the day as you re doing, but do these numbers come down at all from this after you change the water?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

+1 for TraceyB.

If you're cycling with fish, you don't want any more than 0.25ppm ammonia and 0.25ppm nitrite. That means lots of big PWCs.

im having the same problem...got an api master kit yesterday...Good thing too! i was having my LFS test my water, going down there daily. always came back 0ppm...for nitrates!! tested my ammonia 8.0ppm!!!! did a 90% wc got it down to two. had to work and did another test and 40% wc...started at 2.0ppm and still at 2.0. i dont want to lose my fish from stress because of the wc's but that 2.0 is scary.can anyone help? more wc's? smaller ones more frequently? two larger ones? would even consider lessening the bio load but would like too keep 'em all. HELP!

Back
Top Bottom