Cycled?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishieKeeper429

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 10g freshwater community that has been running for one month and 2 days. I had a nitrite spike for a week and a half last week (that killed two of my fishies :( ) and then I just tested it and my nitrites are zero and my ammonia is 0. Does this mean it is cycled? Should I test the nitrates too? All advice is needed and wanted! Thanks! :)

Did you ever notice if you had ammonia spike up and then drop and nitrates spike and then drop and then see some nitrites? Or did this not happen?

And you are doing a fish in cycle?

Did you ever notice if you had ammonia spike up and then drop and nitrates spike and then drop and then see some nitrites? Or did this not happen?

And you are doing a fish in cycle?

That did happen and I'm doing a fish in cycle because I didn't even know cycling existed when I got fish :/

I always test for at least a week once I get 0 ammonia/nitrites. You should test for nitrates because they could be really high since the tank appears cycled. High nitrates are not good for fish, if they're over 20 do a water change. It could take a few water changes before they level out.

I always test for at least a week once I get 0 ammonia/nitrites. You should test for nitrates because they could be really high since the tank appears cycled. High nitrates are not good for fish, if they're over 20 do a water change. It could take a few water changes before they level out.

Ok thanks :) I will.

Back
Top Bottom