Cycling for my Black Moors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dora'sfishtank

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, it's been awhile but I'm back at it!

I have 2 juvenile black moors in an established 10 gal tank. Too small for the long term. The GOOD news is that I'm currently cycling a fantabulous 30 gal for my babies. They'll be in their "studio apartment" probably for a few more weeks. I like to do things the right way.

It's been a LONG time since I cycled a tank. I do fishless cycling. The 10 gal is a well established tank, and I might well put a few guppies in there after the moors move out.

I used my dechlorinator, turned up the heat, put a few of the "studio" accessories and gravel in the new tank, added the ammonia. I'll pick up a test kit next time I'm near the LFS. What am I forgetting? It's a good filtration system as well, nice water movement.

My husband thinks I'm crazy, putting these two little fish in this enormous tank. He'll see...he'll see....

love the studio Apartment.........lol..... use your established tank to seed your filter in your 30, you can do this when you do a WC, put as much water in your 30 that you can and squeeze your old filter in to your 30 filter, this way your 30 will be cycled......

Back
Top Bottom