Cycling not going

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lcars

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi guys as you know I have a 29 gallon freshwater that has had a lot of fish die and now I have to go through another cycle because I added fish too late after the first. So the ammonia has been around 4-5 PPM for the past 3 weeks and absolutely so changes have occurred. How can I get my tank cycling again?

O sorry I meant the fish died after the first cycle because I added them after the bacteria died. There are none in it now.

Something has stalled the cycle.

What method are you using to add ammonia to the tank?

What kind of test kit are you using?

The ammonia is the same ammonia that killed the fish. I am using a API master test kit.

Nitrite levels?

What are you nitrite levels? My cycle just finished but for a while it stalled because my nitrite levels were off the charts (the liquid in the vial gets purple before you even shake it and then slowly fades to a blueish color).
Several large PWC's later and things were moving again.

hdultra said:
That's what I was thinking. I would do 50% water change, see were it goes.

I might have missed it mentioned above but has anyone suggested seeding with used filter media? It's done wonders for my tank! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

I might have missed it mentioned above but has anyone suggested seeding with used filter media? It's done wonders for my tank! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

Yes a couple post back he said to seed it from another established tank.

Ok guys good news. I unstalled the cycle with the addition of a filter cartridge from my other tank and stress zyme. But now im worried. The ammonia has lowered to 4.0 in a day and then 0.75, with no sign of nitrite.Wat i think is that the original cycle was simply stalled and now its unstalled. But please any ideas?

Your welcome, glad i could help
Now your cycle is alomst over check Nitrates they should be quite high then the tank will be ready for fish once all the ammonia goes

Thank you but my nitrate levels are just 20. Is that bad?

Thank u guys for all the help I really appreciate it. BTW wat do u think of the stocking list?

Flame Dwarf Gourami
Krib Cichlid
Rubbernose Pleco
3x Zebra Danios
5x Long fin Serpae Tetras

Anything else that would be cool?

Back
Top Bottom