Cycling Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I cycled with fish in my first tank (complete newb) it was about 3 and half weeks before I saw the first sign of nitrite....For me the nitrite to nitrate conversion was a little shorter with the whole process taking about 6 weeks....I know its not the same situation,but you may not be as stuck as you think.Just a thought as its only been two weeks.

The bio-spira seems to be hit or miss and I have never tried it...It seems to me I have read where some people have given up on the fishless cycle and added it with good results though.I'd wait for some one who has used it to advise on it because fish are supposed to added with the product.

Edit:perhaps thats who I was thinking of lol

I will let the tank go another 2 weeks. If I see no change then I may look into the Biospira option

ok I got some gravel from a friend at work. I think I may do a 90% water change and start kind of fresh. Hopefully I can cycle quickly.

good deal ! put the gravel inside an UNUSED knee hi stocking and put it near the intake tube to the filter.

He actually gave me enough to put some in 4 of those stockings. I put 3 on the gravel at the bottom of my tank and 1 small one in my filter

Back
Top Bottom