Da Heck is eating my plants??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Potluck

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I went down to trim off the transplant shock where I planted the new plants and noticed there's something turning my plants into a buffet, I have no snails anymore and no fish I'm aware of that eats plants and turns them into what looks like a serrated steak knife

My stock
6 lemon tetras
3 candy cane tetras
2 adolescent clown loaches
1 Turquoise rainbow
2 Buenos Aires tetra
1 black phantom tetra
1 calico BN
1b06ee74c0764255dafd3e122f972b39.jpg
ded4d0a81d31adbe1955181b400f1588.jpg
View attachment 1

Attachments

• 20170219_062052.jpg
    20170219_062052.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 181
Son of a beep.... How do I get him to stop he eats algae wafers and once every 2 weeks blanched zucchini...

My clowns no longer allow plants in tank.
They must be eaten within 24 hours!
If you even think there could be snails in the tank, on plants I bet the clowns....

Looks like something with teeth lol, I'm like da heck a Plecos can make those marks?

My clowns no longer allow plants in tank.
They must be eaten within 24 hours!
If you even think there could be snails in the tank, on plants I bet the clowns....
I do notice the clowns in my plants constantly but the ones they hide in don't have chew marks

I have seen my BN hanging off my fake tree but not my plants, im gonna turn my lights off and sit back with some popcorn and watch for the culprit

Then I'm throwing him in fishing jail

Couldn't find the culprit I guess I'll know when I see one poops sagitaria lol, but there's also a fish digging holes lol I'm pretty sure I know it's the clowns on that

My bristlenose digs when the lights are off, it could be him and the clowns could be nipping at the plants

My BN eats plants. Started giving him more veggies during the week and he stopped eating my plants. He gets a brussel sprout, a piece of spinach, and a slice of zucchini every week. Took him destroying all my stem plants to realize once a week + wafers weren't enough.

Still haven't seen him eating the plants but I'm not watching the tank 24-7 either, but I will try veggies a couple times a week all my fish eat them

I used to have a sailfin pleco and that guy would shred everything when I wasn't looking

Back
Top Bottom