Dallas area lfs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joey6821

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can someone from the Dallas area point me to some good lfs. I presently do not have a tank but have wanted one for sometime. Right now I am looking at the Topfin 40 gallon or Aqueon 46 gallon. I have also been checking out craigslist. Looking to setup a community tank.

Nobody can help me out. Something in Plano, Garland or anywhere in the metroplex? I live about 45 minutes east of the Dallas and just looking for a few places that are better than others.

Fish Paradise and The Fish Place are where I always went.

They're both in Fort Worth.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Fish Paradise and The Fish Place are where I always went.

They're both in Fort Worth.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I used to go to the fish place but then I got tired of the way they do business. Overpriced fish and supplies with a sub par selection. I did however like they would *sometimes* get cool fish in, like some different eels and apistos.
...I've not been to fish paradise....
If you've got the time to head over to Arlington and go to The True Percula. Their tanks are extremely nice and very clean (not to mention well lit). They've got a fairly good selection but it is lacking in the rarer fishes. They seem to deal mostly in the more common species but their fish looked extremely good when I went. They've also got lots of supplies no other store in the area I've been to had, like planted tank equipment and other chemicals. I also noticed they've got a big SW selection too but I don't know enough about that side to comment on it.
Overall I'm very pleased with the way they did business and their prices and selection. Head and shoulders above any stores I've been to in the dfw area.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom