Dalmation Mollies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mollies are pretty hardy and can live in all around conditions. Like Zagz, there really isn't much else advice to give, so let us know if you had a specific question. ;)

I had a couple that always would swim up and bite the hair on my arms while I was cleaning the tank lol I love mollies, they have alot of character

I've been "studying" mollies and their breeding colorations and somewhat of their behavior since I started tanks since they were my first kind of fish and I was fascinated with them. They are very hardy fish. I have some at school that live in brackish water as well as fresh. They're just all around cool fish that get along with pretty much everyone. They're even better if you "socialize" them with other fish at an early age, like if you breed them. They're not as skiddish and more friendly toward people. I had a whole group of 40 babies that I kept and I taught them to give "fish kisses" to people's fingers and to go in any direction I wanted them to in unision. IT WAS SO COOL xD

I've only had one occasion where I had 4 adult females (all bought directly from the store) that bullied two of my newer fish after they had established the tank as "their territory", though I fixed that rather quickly. They also like to nip at each other when one's almost ready to give birth... The only other problem I've had with male mollies is that the adult males LOVE to pick on the little guys if the male claims himself as dominant over all, though I've only had it happen if there weren't any receptive females around (I had one really old one that couldn't breed anymore and once I added a new younger one he was fine >.O)

HTH

Puriti --THE MOLLY GURU xD

Back
Top Bottom