Damaged Guppy Fins & Tails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishy5559

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have got some guppys, and they have a "slice" of there tail, and i am wandering how long will it take to grow back if it does grow back?
and is there anything i can do to speed up the healing of their tails?
Also there colours are fading why is this?

I also seperated my Shark, as i think he has been nibbling at their tails and chasing the guppys and baby swordtails away to get the food, I think he has gotten more aggresive lately, and might have to find him a new home...

They will grow back, although I am not sure on the timelime. Keep your water pristine.

Yes, but if you have "No idea what water parameters mean, as you said in your other thread," then you're going to have trouble keeping your water pristine. How long has your aquarium been set up? What fish do you have in it?

it has been set up about a year, It has in it 3 guppys, 4 baby swordtails, 1 bristle nose plec, and 1 shark atm (need to find the shark a new home :(

his fins have healed now, but that male keeps harrasing them

Good idea on finding the shark a new home. It sucks, but I have read that they get pretty aggressive, even if they aren't to start. Have you read any fish profiles? There are plenty of sites with them, I can't think of any off the top of my head except for the one I use the most which is www.liveaquaria.com . Guppies seem like they would be a peaceful fish to me, but I have read that a lot of fish can get aggressive if there isn't a good ratio of male to females.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom