damn platy is making me nuts!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

talloulou

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm trying to rearrange my fish a bit. I bought a firemouth cichlid pair. Unfortunately my 55 gallon is overstocked as it is so I decided to set up another smaller tank and move some of my fish around. I moved all the neons, the gouramis, and two platys to a new home. However this little male platy is uncatchable. I have been working on him all day. I leave the tank alone for awhile and wait for him to start hanging in the open again then the fight is on and I keep losing. Aaargh.

I'm starting to think I could catch a koolie loach faster than I could catch this guy and that is saying something since I have never successfully caught a koolie loach. Once you put them in they are in for good unless you want to disassemble the whole freaken tank.

But a platy....should be easy. This little guy is gonna make me lose my mind.

Try shifting the net from side to side slightlywhen it tries to get away, just to make it feel like it's got nowhere to go, and then make it go up against the glass and then put the net under it and try to scare it up and then try to catch it, my mollies are the same way :)

Thanks puriti....

Anway I finally caught the little f*@ker. I chased him into a cave and then pulled the whole cave out and then emptied the cave into the net. Fiesty little bugger. Hopefully he wasn't too stressed. I'm usually good at catching fish fast and I don't like to chase them too much cause it stresses the hell out of em.

When I bought my Gold Skirt Tetras from PetsMart, I was watching the lady having a hell of a time trying to catch them. I guess their long fins give them the advantage they need to make a quick get-a-way.

Back
Top Bottom