Danger barbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

loachy dance

Aquarium Advice Activist
Looking for possible tankmates in a 55 g tank, sand substrate. Current population is 5 gold barbs and 2 bn plecos plus kuhli loaches. Those guys all get along together so far, but gold barbs are far from peaceful. They dont seem to have readtheir description. They have killed before:hide:

I know very little about barbs but i thought i could help in till someone else comes. Some 5 banned barbs Those should be good with the golden barbs and how many do you have because they tend to get more nippy when kept in small shoals.

Denison barbs are my favorite!!! Also panda barbs are awesome! !!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have 6 green tiger barbs that are very peaceful... they are with black neon tetras, a gold gourami, a malabar puffer and peppered cory cats. My ratio of tiger barbs are 1 male with 5 females. Everybody gets along. No nipping, and the only chasing they do is with each other.

I think it depends on each fish temperament. I have species that normally should not get along but they do, they are well fed and plenty of plants to play in.

There are five. My gold barbs got in trouble for killig an albino cory and were removed. As all the other fish that were in danger have been rehomed to other tanks, they are back in the 55.
Im looking up 5 bands now!

They look great, but sadly are out of my price range right now :facepalm:

If u have a petsmart in your area, they sell them for $8-10 each.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom