Danio compatibility

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maltimomma

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have Turquiose rainbows, bosemani rainbows, angelfish, gouramis, bn pleco, and cory cats in a 55 gallon tank. Would giant danios work with these fish?

Thanks

Danios are schooling fish and community fish IMO. They might get picked on a little from other but not BN pleco.

They should be fine, they are fast swimmers so they might disturb the angels a bit, as long as they are in a good size group they should do great :)

What type of gouramis and how many? How many of each type of rainbow? Giant danios do get pretty..well..giant. Your current stock list may not allow room for them. Also keep in mind that they school in the top to mid sections of the tank so, if that area is already pretty stocked, you may want to go for something that swims in the lower areas.

What type of gouramis and how many? How many of each type of rainbow? Giant danios do get pretty..well..giant. Your current stock list may not allow room for them. Also keep in mind that they school in the top to mid sections of the tank so, if that area is already pretty stocked, you may want to go for something that swims in the lower areas.

I have 2 turquoise rainbows, 2 gold angels, 2 blue and 2 opaline gouramis, 3 cory cats, 1 bn. My lfs said the danios are silver danios and they are a pink with a bluish stripe. They are about 2" long. I want to get 4. I'm not sure if these are giant danios.

Maltimomma said:
I have 2 turquoise rainbows, 2 gold angels, 2 blue and 2 opaline gouramis, 3 cory cats, 1 bn. My lfs said the danios are silver danios and they are a pink with a bluish stripe. They are about 2" long. I want to get 4. I'm not sure if these are giant danios.

Doesn't really sound like a giant danio to me they don't have any pink only maybe a redish color on their anal fin.

Doesn't really sound like a giant danio to me they don't have any pink only maybe a redish color on their anal fin.

These are very pretty pinkish with bluish stripe. I've looked on line and can't seem to find any that look exactly like these.

Back
Top Bottom